Translate

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Shimmering Shadow Box

Hello everyone!
Today, I am really excited to show you one of my project - an altered shadow box which I did as a farewell gift for someone leaving office.  
Completed shadow box

For the shadow box, I had made use of the embroidered lace ribbon and the crystal mat that I bought from Dubai.
I had cut out four strips from the crystal mat and adhere it to the front of the shadow box. The embroidered lace ribbon was then glued to the sides of the frame.

For the layout, I had made use of a combination of embellishments:
  • Wood embellishments from Bo Bunny and Prima Marketing; 
  • Papers from Blue Fern Studios and Kaisercraft (including transparency from Kaisercraft);
  • Flowers (including the flower resin) were a combination from Prima and those that I bought from Bangkok.  Had added shimmer metallic paint on it;
  • Chip-boards from Blue Fern Studios and Dusty Attic (sprayed with distress inks and shimmer paint);
  • Metal pins from Prima Marketing
Doing a scrapbook layout and framing it in an altered shadow box could be a challenge as you've got to ensure that the layout matches with the shadow box that you altered.  

No comments:

Post a Comment